How quickly the tide can turn. 10 days ago if you would have suggested that an Assault Weapons Ban could actually pass into law, I would have laughed. Yes, I know it was going to be pushed for in Obama’s second term, but I didn’t see it as a true possibility. Today, for the first time in a long time, I am concerned. If you are interested in your Second Amendment Rights, you may have cause to be worried too. Today we will take a look at gun rights under fire.
- 1 Admin:
- 2 At a Crossroad
- 3 People want solutions
- 4 Emotional events elicit emotional responses
- 5 Powerful people seek events to capitalize on
- 6 How can we help those that are wondering why gun control is NOT the answer?
- 7 How can we stave off this atack on our rights?
- 8 If you were intrigued by the SSA Podcast, remember to:
Sponsor of the Day: Survival Gear Bags
At a Crossroad
We are currently in a very difficult time in our nation
Many issues have come together and created stresses that of been quite uncommon in previous years
For the past decade are societies hold on our Amendment rights. Has steadily loosened.
As result of you seen many benefits and very few disadvantages.
- Increase in Gun Ownership
- Increase in Shall Issue States
- Increase in Reciprocity
- Increase in Constitutional Carry
- Increase in positive Media Coverage
Today however on the heels of a very dramatic and emotional tragedy our gun rights seem to be suddenly in jeopardy. For the first time in many years I am quite worried that new restrictive firearm legislation.
People want solutions
- Who doesn’t
- Solution must actually solve the problem
- There is no value in the solution to create more problems than it solves
- We cannot legislate mental health or culture
- It is easier to destroy an inanimate object that it is destroyed human being
Emotional events elicit emotional responses
- This is human nature
- When emotion drives us our solutions often feel good but rarely effect actual change
- Emotion is very appealing
- Emotion is difficult to argue with
Powerful people seek events to capitalize on
- Everyone has an agenda
- When circumstances favor the forwarding of an agenda, people take action
How can we help those that are wondering why gun control is NOT the answer?
- Find comon ground
- Discuss Facts
- Invoke Logic
- Take them to the range
How can we stave off this atack on our rights?
- Include instead of exclude
- Engage in the conversations
- Disengage when it’s useless
- Watch your language
- “Assault Weapon”
- “Gun Violence”
- Join organizations to further the Second Amendment
If you were intrigued by the SSA Podcast, remember to:
Check out our Sponsor of the Day:
- Subscribe to the SSA Mailing List
- Visit our web site at www.SafetySolutionsAcademy.com
- Free Crises Training for Educators
- Get training 30% off “30off2013″
- Second Amendment Foundation
- Join your state organization (email me a link to your org and I will list them here)