I really appreciate the input that I get from my listeners. If you haven’t found Sports Stole My Man you should check it out.
Jen Posted up on my FB wall a link to this article Lululemon Robbery/Murder with the question: “What can women learn from this?” Great question, but I’m not surprised that’s what good journalists do is ask good questions.
I look at information about crimes the same way I do about the situation in Japan. No matter how morbid it seems we have a duty to analyze the situation as throughly as possible to learn from it.
So, here it goes What can be learned from this horrible event:
- Boundaries aren’t
- Criminals are smarter than we give them credit for.
- They don’t follow our expectations regarding violent crime, instead they exploit them.
- The question that Jen asked was a good one, but I want it to be better. Women? How bout people.
- Be slow to give trust and quick to take it away
- Locks are there for a reason, use em!
- Most crimes are inside jobs
- Trust your gut
- The Gift of Fear
- Get the training and skills you need now.
- We are not safer with our heads buried in the sand
- The wellness of those who make it through violent encounters tends to depend on the control they feel that they had during their violent encounter.
- You cannot use skills and tools that you do not have.